Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Eye Adaba




Beautiful in its simplicity...

Eye Adaba Lyrics:




Ojumo ti mo ojumo ti momini ile yi o

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o


Ojumo ti mo ojumo ti momini ile yi o

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o


Eye adaba eye adaba

Eye adaba ti fo lokeloke

Wa a balemi o


Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o

Ojumo ti mo ojumo ti momini ile yi o

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o

Ojumo ti mo ojumo ti momini ile yi o

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o.. o ya

Eye adaba eye adaba eye e e e

Eye adaba ti fo lokeloke

Wa a balemi o o o



Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o.. o ya

Eye adaba eye adaba eye e e e

Eye adaba ti fo o n fo n fo

Wa a ba lemi o



Ojumo ti mo ..mo ri re o

E wi kin gbo se

Eye adaba eye eee

Eye adaba ti fo lokeloke loke ode orun

Wa ba le mi o o...Ojumo ti mo mo ri re o

O o o o ye e


Eye adaba eye eye... oo
Eye adaba ti fo n on fo o nfo

Wa bale mi oo


Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o

O o oo oo ooo O o oo o

Ewi kin gbo se O o oo o

Aah o o o oo o Oo mo ri re o

O o o o ooo o

Mori re o

Ire ire ire ooo

O o o o o

Mori re o


Eye adaba eye adaba

Eye ti fo lokeloke ode orun

Wa ba lemi o

Ojumo ti mo mo ri re o

12 comments:

Sting said...

It would have been nice if u had translated it, for those of us who don't understand yoruba. I love Asa regardless.

Kush said...

Wow, translated it? Not sure I understand all of it myself will take a stab though.

Kush said...

Ojumo ti mo ojumo ti momini ile yi o
It is day break/morning has broken for me in this house

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o
Morning has broken, it is well with me

Ojumo ti mo ojumo ti momini ile yi o
It is day break/morning has broken for me in this house

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o
Morning has broken it is well with me

Eye adaba eye adaba
The dove, the dove

Eye adaba ti fo lokeloke
The dove that flies high in the sky

Wa a balemi o
Come land on me

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o
Morning has broken, it is well with me

Ojumo ti mo ojumo ti momini ile yi o
It is day break/morning has broken for me in this house

Ojumo ti mo.. mo ri re o
Morning has broken, it is well with me

repeats, repeats, then

E wi kin gbo se
So say so I can hear

Eye adaba eye eee
The dove

Eye adaba ti fo lokeloke loke ode orun
The dove that flies high near heaven

Wa ba le mi o o...Ojumo ti mo mo ri re o
Come land on me, morning has broken and it is well with me (my soul)

Anyone see it differently?

afunto` baby™ said...

this babe can sing! kai

AnteK said...

yeah actually kush
thanks for the translation:D

Cosie said...

This Lady can sing...I just love the calmness in her voice...

Raphael said...

beautiful, absolutely beautiful!!! SNM

Babes said...

I love this song and all her other songs! She is amazing :)

jadivot said...

she is what she is.

Mich said...

Kush was close:
http://www.bellanaija.com/2011/10/26/random-thoughts-from-asa%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Ceye-adaba%E2%80%9D/

Oju mo ti mo/ Oju mo ti mo mi [I wake up at dawn, as it dawns upon me]
Ni le yi o, o/ Oju mo ti mo, mo ri re o [In this Land, it’s dawn, I see hope…]

Eye adaba, eye adaba [Dove, dove]
Eye adaba ti n fo l’oke l’oke [Dove that flies far above the sky]
Wa ba le mi o, o [Come, descend on me]
Oju mo ti mo, mo ri re o [It’s dawn, I see hope]

E wi ki m’gbo se [Please, sing for me again]

lee woo said...

Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. See the link below for more info.


#eyes
www.ufgop.org

Silvia Jacinto said...

Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net